LIFE IN YOGA unveiled MEASURED YOGA THERAPY AND UNIFIED SYSTEM OF MEDICINE 5-minute video on June 21, 2015 in the Washington National Mall. To watch, click here.
YOGA THERAPY SERVICES FOR COMMON AND UNUSUAL HEALTH CONDITIONS
LIFE IN YOGA PROVIDES A UNIQUE SERVICE CALLED MEASURED YOGA THERAPY. Measured Yoga Therapy is regularly provided in Maryland, Houston (TX), and Phoenix (AZ) and occasionally
in other parts of the country. Life in Yoga has a record of healing people with difficult conditions
with yoga therapy like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and conditions that are not well diagnosed.
FOR MORE INFO click here.
Life in Yoga Institute is accredited by ACCME to provide Continuing Medical Education
Courses on YOGA THERAPY for 2019
Physicians, Other Healthcare professionals, Yoga Therapists and anyone interested in therapeutic aspect of
yoga have a choice of some CME course titles. 2019 3-day course in May and September are already announced.
For additional course information and registration, please click here.
The Mission & Goal
Yoga provides the link between the body, the life spirit, and the Ultimate. The Foundation and Institute's mission is purely educational, scientific and humanitarian driven, to learn, practice, research, and disseminate the philosophy, techniques, and experience of Yoga, with its activities open to all individuals irrespective of their nationality, religion, or gender. The Foundation’s and Institute’s goal is to develop regimens that are specifically oriented towards the management of a healthy body, mind, and intellect.
Yoga is NOT simply stretch or breathing exercises. It is about Being in the Moment.
LIFE IN YOGA 5 BY 3 BY 1 APPROACH:
FIVE FUNCTIONAL EXERCISE ASPECTS connect the body to the Soul or God. The connectivity follows the link of physical, breath, passive vibration, mental and pure observation exercises.
- PHYSICAL exercises stretch out and bend the energy channels.
- BREATH exercises flush the system with energy converted from the air we breathe.
- NAADA or Passive vibration exercises generate pure energy in its subtler form (just vibrations) without the air intermediary.
- MENTAL exercises are thought or visualization based. Daily prayer is one example. Another example is the Pattern Cleansing Yoga used to cleanse karmas.
- PURE OBSERVATION requires the mind to simply observe without thoughts. Accomplished with the AtmaVyakta mudra.
There are 3 METHODS OF EXERCISINGS each with its own effects:
- STRETCH AND RELEASE EXERCISING is the most powerful but caution is recommended;
- CRE or Cyclical Rhythmic Exercising, which is quite powerful, can be done for physical and breathing exercises easily;
- CONSTANT PACE EXERCISING that works gently and steadily in all types of exercising.
YOGA PRACTICES MUST ALWAYS BE DONE WITH THE ATTITUDE OF A DISPASSIONATE OBSERVER.
This is called the 5 BY 3 BY 1 approach of Life in Yoga - 5 functional areas of exercises, 3 methods of doing them, with the one-pointed attitude of an observer.
Bring the benefits of real yoga to your communities by training to be a teacher as well!